NEED HELP WITH MY ONLY RAID!!!!! 3.0

2000 Dodge Caravan • 118 miles

Hi, I own a 00' dodge caravan 3.0 and have a problem I'm traying to solve, it is giving me de code p0206 it is a problem with the injector #6 control circuit, so far I have cleaned the injectors + changed the O rings on all of them, it starts ok then when it's getting a litle hot it acts crapy doesn't want to respond normally to acceleration and the check engine light comes on giving the same code. While idling I unplugged the conector to cylinder #6 and tested voltage it reads: 1.2 volts idling I accelerate de engine with the volmeter still plugged in and it increases the voltage from 1.2 to 9.9; I plugged the conector back and unplugged the one to cylinder #1 (those are the only ones I could check) and plugged the volmeter and got this readings: 0.89 V. Idling and going up to 19.7 Volts with acceleration. How do I check if this is not caused by a bad PCM? Or could you give me any idea on what to check next? Maybe you could provide me with the electric diagram to the PCM and specs. If you could help me I will really appreciate it and will wait my next disability check to share it with you. Thank you very much and God bless you all.
LUSAN

See attached images for schematics. Download them and print them to fill the page.

DTC P0206: INJECTOR #6 CONTROL CIRCUIT
NOTE: Test applies only to 3.0L, 3.3L and 3.8L. For connector terminal ID, see
CONNECTOR IDENTIFICATION. For wiring diagram, see WIRING
DIAGRAMS article.
NOTE: Fuel injector operation is monitored when battery voltage is more than
12 volts, Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay is energized, fuel injector pulse
width is less than 10 milliseconds and engine speed is less than 3000
RPM. DTC may be stored in Powertrain Control Module (PCM) when no
inductive impulse is sensed after fuel injector turns off with no other
fuel injectors turned on. Possible causes are: defective fuel injector,
defective Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay circuit, defective PCM, or
defective connectors or wiring.
Start engine and allow engine to idle for 20 seconds. Shut engine off. Turn ignition on with
engine off. Using scan tool, check for DTCs. If GLOBAL GOOD TRIP counter is displayed
and equal to zero, go to next step. If GLOBAL GOOD TRIP counter is not displayed and equal
to zero, go to step 8.
1.
Turn ignition off. Disconnect fuel injector No. 6 connector. On 3.0L, fuel injector No. 6 is third
fuel injector back from front (timing belt end) of engine on left side when viewed from
flywheel end of engine. It may be necessary to remove air intake plenum for access to fuel
injector No. 6 connector. On 3.3L and 3.8L, fuel injector No. 6 is third fuel injector back from
front (timing chain end) of engine on right side when viewed from flywheel end of engine. This
fuel injector is located above cylinder No. 5, but delivers fuel to cylinder No. 6, due to
crossflow intake manifold. It may be necessary to remove air intake plenum for access fuel
injector No. 6 connector.
2.
On all models, using ohmmeter, check resistance between electrical terminals on fuel injector
No. 6. If resistance is 10-16 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is not 10-16 ohms, replace fuel
injector. Perform TEST VER-5A.
3.
Turn ignition on with engine off. Using scan tool, actuate Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay. On
3.0L, using voltmeter, check voltage at terminal No. 2 (Dark Green/Orange wire) on fuel
injector No. 6 connector. On 3.3L and 3.8L, using voltmeter, check voltage at terminal No. 1
(Dark Green/Orange wire) on fuel injector No. 6 connector. On all models, if voltage cycles
from high voltage to low voltage, go to next step. If voltage does not cycle from high voltage to
low voltage, repair open on Dark Green/Orange wire between ASD relay and fuel injector No.
6. ASD relay is located in power distribution center at driver's side front corner of engine
compartment, near battery. Perform TEST VER-5A.
4.
Turn ignition off. Disconnect PCM connectors. PCM is located between driver's side front
fender and power distribution center, near battery.
5.
On 3.0L, using ohmmeter, check resistance between terminal No. 1 (Brown/Dark Blue wire) on
fuel injector No. 6 connector and terminal No. 14 (Brown/Dark Blue wire) on Black PCM
connector C1. On 3.3L and 3.8L, using ohmmeter, check resistance between terminal No. 2
(Brown/Dark Blue wire) on fuel injector No. 6 connector and terminal No. 14 (Brown/Dark
Blue wire) on Black PCM connector C1. On all models, if resistance is less than 5 ohms, go to
next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, repair open on Brown/Dark Blue wire between PCM
and fuel injector No. 6. Perform TEST VER-5A.
6.
ENGINE CONTROLS - TESTS W/CODES -2000 Dodge Caravan Page 1 of 2

Ensure fuel injector No. 6 and PCM connectors are still disconnected. Using ohmmeter, check
resistance between ground and terminal No. 14 (Brown/Dark Blue wire) on Black PCM
connector C1. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, replace PCM. Perform TEST VER-5A. If
resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair short to ground on Brown/Dark Blue wire between PCM
7.
Turn ignition off. Inspect wiring harness and connectors between fuel injector No. 6 and PCM.
On 3.0L, fuel injector No. 6 is third fuel injector back from front (timing belt end) of engine on
left side when viewed from flywheel end of engine. It may be necessary to remove air intake
plenum for access to fuel injector No. 6 connector. On 3.3L and 3.8L, fuel injector No. 6 is
third fuel injector back from front (timing chain end) of engine on right side when viewed from
flywheel end of engine. This fuel injector is located above cylinder No. 5, but delivers fuel to
cylinder No. 6, due to crossflow intake manifold. It may be necessary to remove air intake
plenum for access fuel injector No. 6 connector. On all models, PCM is located between
driver's side front fender and power distribution center, near battery. If no problems exist, go to
next step. If any problems exist, repair wiring or connectors as necessary. Perform TEST VER-
5A.
8.
Start engine. With engine idling, wiggle wiring harness and connectors between fuel injector
No. 6 and PCM. If engine does not misfire or stall while wiggling wiring harness and
connectors, test is complete. If engine misfires or stalls while wiggling wiring harness and
connectors, repair wiring or connectors between fuel injector No. 6 and PCM as necessary that
caused engine to misfire or stall. Perform TEST VER-5A.
9.

ENGINE CONTROLS - TESTS W/CODES -2000 Dodge Caravan Page 2 of 2

Rivermikerat