FOR SOME REASON IM NOT GETTING "SPARK"

2000 Dodge Avenger • 136 miles

Tried replacing the ECU and "Flashing" the BDM at a local Dealership and theyre just beat on what the problem is

Toya439

Was anything done prior to this occurring?
Was the distributor tested?

Reflashing a defective computer won't fix anything, and reflashes address emissions and performance issues, not no-start problems. Besides that, Chrysler Engine Computers are the last thing to suspect. They just don't cause that much trouble. Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes?

Have you checked for fuel pressure or did you get hung up on the first thing you found missing, the spark? A real quick test is to measure the voltage at the ignition coil, any injector, or either small wire on the back of the alternator. You should see 12 volts there for just one second after turning on the ignition switch. You might need to check that with a test light. Most digital voltmeters don't respond fast enough to show that pulse.

What's important is does that voltage come back during cranking? That will determine the next step in the diagnosis.

They say the reprogrammed the computer, But im not sure they did all, They said theyre not recieving a pulse

Toya439
And I just bought it a week ago in this condition, For very cheap so

Toya439
Also the Engines computer is Mitsubishi, I guess those avengers had Mitsubishi engines and such

Toya439
Did you test the distributor?

I didn't im not sure if Dealership did they have the car at the moment but theyre just becoming a money dump at this point.

Toya439
Vehicle is equipped with distributor and for no spark condition, that should be the first thing to do. I wonder why they recommend a new PCM.

Well we had spark before, And we didnt have power to injectors. So we thought maybe a Used Computer would work. Once we switched it, It locked up the Body Mod.

Toya439
Do you have spark now?

Pulsing of injectors are also related to the distributor.
If the dealer can't handle this, then you need a new dealership in town.

Page 1 of 4