CAR GETTING HOT

2000 Chrysler Sebring • 6 cylinder • 115,000 miles

I HAVE A 2000 SEABRING. LAST YEAR MY CAR RAN HOT IN THE SUMMER. THIS SUMMER THE SAME THING. ONLY DIFFERANCE IS THAT THIS YEAR IT BOILED OUT OF THE OVERFLOW TANK. SINCE THEN I HAVE REPLACED TEMP SENSOR, THERMOSTAT, DIPPED THE RADIATOR AND FLUSHED IT, REPLACED HOSES, THE FAN WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD, AND HAD A PRESSURE TEST DONE TO IT WITH THE RESULTS OF NO LEAKS. THE CAR STILL RUNS HOT. IT TAKES ABOUT 15 MIN DRIVING, AND LONGER WHEN JUST SITTING THERE PARKED(LIKE WHEN I WAS BURPING IT) I REPLACED THE RADIATOR CAP AND THE ONE TO THE OVERFLOW TANK. AT THE SHOP THEY TRIED TO DO A BLOCK TEST I THINK IT WAS CALLED, BUT THE CAR KEPT BURPING WATER UP SO THEY COULDNT DO IT. THE REVERSE TEST CAME BACK FINE. THE WATER PUMP IS NOT LEAKING AND I AM NOT LOOSEING FLUID. ANY IDEAS ON THAT IS SOME OTHER POSSIBILITIES? THE RADIATOR LOOKS FINE ALSO. WAS TOLD LAST YEAR AFTER THE DIP THAT WASNT THE PROBLEM. COULD IT BE THAT PART OF MY SKID GUARD IS MISSING?
Lilbmf@hotmail.com

Sounds like the same problem I am having with my 2000 JXi. The water overheats and overflows from under the radiator cap. Had a new radiator installed, engine gaskets changed, new transmission gaskets, but still it does the same overheating thing. Have you found out what your problem was, and how was it fixed? Please help! Thanks. Now it's backfiring too! What else?

Autokarma
You need to have the head gasket checked. Either with a block test or exhaust gas analyzer. Befor the coolant backs up do the block test or have a gas analyzer sniff the coolant befor the back up.

Djcl
Just had the head gasket fixed, all gasket replaced and block was Tooled and all
put back together. Then backfiring started! How would coolant get into the gas? Is that what this gas analyzer is for? Could it be something simpler?

Autokarma
Exhaust gas can be getting in to the coolant. The gas analyzer will check this

Djcl