CHANGED THE RAD AND NOW IT BLOWS COLD AIR ? ?

2000 Chrysler Neon • 188,000 miles

I thought it might be an air lock so I took the rad cap off and ran the car with it on loose the rad warms up the rad fan comes on and off like normal but the heater hoses are cold I am stuck now I think it might be the water pump?
Chrisw

What are you trying to do
?

Cadieman
Help

Chrisw
Check the heater control valve on the hoses. See if it open when you push the heat control to hot.

Cadieman
How do I do that it is in the dash and I cant see it sounds like it is working

Chrisw
Is the radiator also heating up with the engine? You should be able to see water flowing under the radiator fill neck if the pump is operating and/or the thermostat is opening properly. Did you change the thermostat when you did the radiator? It's usually recommended that you do.

Rivermikerat
Oh, one more thing. Sometimes new radiators come with plugs inside the openings to keep contaminants out during storage.

Rivermikerat
The heater control valve is under the hood on the heater hoses. Its a round valve with a vacuum hose on it. Did you replace the radiator to fix the heater?

Cadieman