CAR WON'T START WITH PRNDL FUSE IN

2000 Chrysler LHS • 180,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chrysler LHS. At first it wouldn't start and acted like it was in gear. I tapped on the outside of the console near the shifter and the car started, but the speedometer didn't work and the PRNDL indicator on the dash showed it was in all the gears at once. I checked the PRNDL fuse and noticed it was blown and changed it. Once again the car would not start (Acted like it was in gear). Here is where it gets funny. If I pull the PRNDL fuse out the car will start, but the speedometer and PRNDL dash indicator do not. If I start the car without a fuse and then put the fuse back in while it is running the speedometer and PRNDL dash indicator will work. If I shut if off it will not start again unless I pull the PRNDL fuse back out. What could be causing this? The Saftey Netural Switch?
Mcase

Symptom indicates a fault with the Transmission Range Sensor Switch (PNP or Safety Neutral switch as you indicated) or its wiring.