ENGINE KNOCK #4 CYLIDER

2000 Chrysler LHS • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 108,000 miles

I just bought a new Chrysler 2000 LHS 3.5L V6. I am over seas and the guy told me it runs like a champ and now I know that it has a knock in the engine he says is the #4 cylider. When my POC came to pick it up he said it would not drive Two hours to where I live. I asked for the money back but he refused. So I am stuck with a car that I cant drive. I have very little money to spend on fixing a car I thought works. So for $1K or less how can I fix this and what could it be? Thank you.
Mgmccoy1982

You will have to do some investigation first, may be pull the sump and check the bearings, we need to know where the problem is before setting out a repair scheme.

Mhpautos
Is it making a ticking/tapping/thudding/thumping type noises

What makes a engine knock in the first place? Especially in a cylinder.

Mgmccoy1982
Worn or damaged bearings are the main cause of engine knocking.

Mhpautos
Is that costly to fix?

Mgmccoy1982
To do it properly it can be, if the crank is damaged the engine will have to be stripped and the crank re machined.

Mark(mhpautos)

Mhpautos
To make things easier for you if its on bottom end knock-just get a crankshaft kit or have it reground and use the correct undersize bearings like Mr. Mhpautos suggested-