SPONGY BRAKE PEDAL

2000 Chrysler 300 • 161,000 miles

I JUST HAD A COMPLETE BRAKE JOB WITH ALL NEW PADS & 4 ROTORS MY BRAKE PEDAL IS SPONGY & GOES ALMOST TO THE FLOOR THE BRAKES HAVE BEEN BLED TWICE BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE
JOESABO1

Who did the brake work? Was the pedal spongy before the work or only after the work?

Hold brake pedal does it slowly go down? If yes master cylinder faulty

Docfixit
A LICENSED REPAIR FACILITY DID THE REPAIRS AND I WOULD SAY THAT THE BRAKE PEDAL WAS BETTER BEFORE THE REPAIRS I ONLY HAD THE BRAKES DONE BECAUSE THEY WERE NOISEY NO THE BRAKE PEDAL DOES NOT SINK

JOESABO1
Return it to that same shop and leave it until they find the problem. The reason I asked about who did the work is do-it-yourselfers often cause that problem when they bleed the brakes. It's common practice to have the helper push the brake pedal all the way to the floor during the procedure. That runs the internal lip seals in the master cylinder over the crud and corrosion in the lower halves of the bores where they don't normally travel and rips them. That results in the slowly sinking pedal Docfixit asked about or in just a low soft pedal when that internal leakage gets worse. Professionals know to never push the brake pedal more than half way to the floor. Regardless, something could have happened to cause damage to the master cylinder.

Bleeding the brakes should not have been necessary unless the calipers were replaced.