SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT

2000 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 2WD Automatic • 190,000 miles

2000 silverado, battery went dead over night I jumped it and it started right up but when I put it in gear it dyed but after giving it gas it started to idle correctly. The Service engine soon light came on. I got some different gas and checked the gas cap to make sure it was on right and not leaking any fumes. Than the next day the light went out but than came back on that evening. It stayed on for a couple of days than it just went off for a day and now it's back on and won't go off. The truck seems to be running great. Is there a way to reset the Service engine soon light. Because tomorrow It might go out while I'm driving I don't know.
Ejmoody

Check engine light on

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on