CHEVROLET SILVERADO THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Silverado • 75,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.2 auto that I’m having heating problems. Last summer I think I may have added some green antifreeze to the Dexcool that was in it. I had to change out the water pump, thermostat, and radiator. I flushed out the whole system several times and also the heater core. I didn’t change the heater core because when I hooked the water hose to it there was lots of water came out and it seemed clean. I didn’t go back with the Dexcool simply because of the hype you see on the internet about it and I’ve been using green for nearly 40 years without any problems. I used the Wal-Mart brand that says it compatible with either one but it is green. I mixed half with water like I should and the temp did fine all summer. Now that the outside temp had cooled down for winter it won’t get above 175 deg and it takes forever for it to get to that. I change out the thermostat and didn’t change anything. Checked to temp of the motor with a thermometer and it read the same as the gauge. The heater core is working fine cause when it finely get up to the 175 it heats pretty good. The hose going into the top of the radiator from the motor is hot and the bottom hose going to the water pump is cold. I cut two pieces of cardboard an put them in front of the radiator and it worm up to normal temp but it still took forever. The thermostat must be working because when the gauge got to the right temp it didn’t get any hotter. Do you have any idea?? Nelson
Turkey2

What temp is the thermostat? It shold be a 195 degree stat. You probably have aone taht is 160 or so