WHAT IS CAUSING MY CHEVY TO IDLE HIGH?

2000 Chevrolet Silverado • 156,000 miles

The truck will be running just fine and without warning it will not idle down when I take my foot off the accelerator until I come to a complete stop. It will keep doing the same thing until I shut the engine off and restart the truck. I replaced the throttle position sensor without any change. It seems to do it after the truck is warmed up. I have not noticed the problem when the truck is cold. I could keep replacing parts until I go broke according to the troubleshooting book. Help!
Prisoner1

Check the throttle plate to see if its sticking.

Merlin2021
Check throttle plate for sticking open

Merlin2021
I took the throttle body off and cleaned it 2 weeks ago. The plate is not sticking. Do you have another solution? Before you answer, I have also considered replacing the EGR valve, the idle control sensor, and a few other parts. Please tell me you can give me something I haven't thought of.

Prisoner1
Any codes? 02 sensors come online at warm up, how many miles on this truck?

Merlin2021
156000 miles on the truck. No codes, no check engine light, just a high idle when I least expect it.

Prisoner1
What size motor? What trans?With or without a/c?

Homer1967
6 cylinder 4.3, five speed, with a/c

Prisoner1
I would suspect a faulty idle air control valve. Although there are t.S.B's for this vehicle to have the pcm re-flashed. But I would try a new i.A.C. Valve first.

Homer1967