AFTER REPLACING REAR BRAKE PADS AND ROTORS ON A CHEVY , THE BRAKES SEEM TO BE DRAGGING, WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Have replaced pads, rotors, greased caliper pins, installed new sliders and the brakes seem to be dragging after letting up off the pedal
Bandm

Did you do all of this because the brakes were dragging, or are they drgging because you did some or all of this? The reason I ask, is that when you used the C-clamp I'm guessing to push the pistons in on the calipers, sometimes you push crap through the lines which may clog the return hole in the master cylinder and other actuator parts. If the return line or such gets clogged, the pressure on the pads can't be relieved entirely. Are both wheels dragging the same? Jack it up and spin the wheels by hand. If it's just one, could be a problem with the installation, or a nasty piston in the caliper. Make sure you can see the pistons come out when you pump them and that they are easy to push back in.

ProAutoTech
Yes, the brakes are dragging after replacing pads, rotors and greasing caliper pins. It seems likely that something is clogged. How do I get it unclogged/ do I have to replace the calipers?

Bandm
If it is a clog, and you pull the pads and are able to push the pistons back in, then it shouldn"t be a clog. You did have the brake fluid cap off when pushing the pistons in, right? Make sure you always do that to give the fluid a place to go. Maybe you put too much fluid in it afterwards?

ProAutoTech