CHEVY 139000 MILES, 2ND OWNER FOR ABOUT 10,000 MILES WITH PARTS I AM INTO THE CAR FOR ABOUT $.00. MY SON WAS OUT WITH THE CAR AND HIT A BIG POTHOLE ON THE RIGHT SIDE. THE CAR STALLED AND AFTER HE GOT IT STARTED IT WOULD ONLY MOVE IN DRIVE

2000 Chevrolet Impala • 139,000 miles

2000 Chevy impala 139000 miles, 2nd owner for about 10,000 miles with parts I am into the car for about $2000.00. My son was out with the car and hit a big pothole on the right side. The car stalled and after he got it started it would only move in drive 2. There is no damage to any new mounts that I installed, the tire did not blow, and the wheel alignment seems fine with no pull to the right. There is no under carriage damage that can be seen. The car, after messing with different things still only drives in drive 2, but after getting up the 35-40 miles an hour you can shift back into drive with drive power, but if you slow down too much you have to shift back to drive 2. I don't know if it is just parts or a broken band in the transmission. I did remove the battery and computer for an hour, due to reading about limp home mode, there was no change.
Masterofnone2

Inspect the trans linkage and the ajustment

Cadieman