VEHICLE SHUT DOWN ON HOT DAYS.

2000 Chevrolet Express • 100,000 miles

My 2000 Chevy Express Conversion Van has issues while driving distances on hot days. Yesterday it did it first at 120 miles then as it got hotter it did it at 80 miles. It happened last year while on vacation and yesterday on the way back from vacation. If the fuel was kept at full it was fine. But if not it would act like you were running out of gas. It sputters and jerks and then stalls. Once it stalls it takes 3-5 minutes of sitting before it will start again. Then you have to baby it and/or repeat the process until you can fill the tank again.

It is worse when going up hill or under load, but as soon as you fill the tank there is no issue. Van runs great. MASS flow sensor is not the issue. Last year when we had the issue my fuel gauge quit working and we thought we were out of gas and kept it full and have not noticed it since then. This is also the second fuel pump in the vehicle. I am not sure if the cool gas going in helps or not, but in the evening when the temperature would drop we had no issues. Only when the temperature outside is hot. Vapor lock of sorts?

Thanks for any help. Tony
Afdmed3

Have the fuel pressure checked. It needsto be 58-62 lbs