MY CAR THE OTHER DAY WHILE I WAS DRIVING WENT DEAD

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier • 167,000 miles

And before that it was trying to died and then it restart itself back up and I tired to, jump start it and nothing I check the battery and it was still good and my starter is new and nothing comes on like the lights or my radio and it wont even start or it wont turn over at all what it looks like there is no electric to it. I want to know what it is so can get it fix no mechanics here don't came to your house and I don't have no money to get it towed to them so please help me
Kendra24

Check the 50 amp ignition fuse int eh underhood fuse block it's a larger one.

I look at it and its good so what else

Kendra24
There is a fusible linke between alternator and starter. It's a red wire connected to a gray one at the startersolenoid. The red wire wil be large, if it's burnt there will be no power to solenoid and they are available at auot parts stores. If the fuse is good you'll have to trace the purple wire from teh nuetral switchto the starter to see if it's giving power to thestarter. As it cold be a bad ignition siwtch or nuetral switch. If it's a manual then ther eis one on the clutch instead.

I LOOK AT it and its good what else do u think is wrong

Kendra24
Reread what I sent the last answer

I had the smae problewm with my car. 2000 cavy. Check the positive and negative attachements to your battery. Make sure the positive side has TWO wires FIRMLY attached to it. On mine one of these came loose and it acted the exact same way. The gauges even froze in their same spot.

Danielbrecht
Well danielbrecht we tired to jump start with the starter and it wont even start that way either but im going to check my alternator tomorrow to see if it that if not im going from there

Kendra24
Nothing will work unless all three battery cables (two positive one negative) are connected firmly to the battery. Jumpstarting wont work because there is no connection of power to your ecu. The ecu runs everything. The second cable on the positive side is behind the big cable going to your positive side. Sometimes this cable that provides power to your car's "brain" comes loose. If it comes loose there will be no power inside the car since none of the electrical relays will be allowed to switch on. No lights on the dash, no lights inside the car with the door open. Nothing at all.

Danielbrecht