SMOKE AND TRANSMISSION

2000 Chevrolet Caprice • 155,000 miles

Hi,
I just recently have bought my caprice, in the beggining wen I stepped on full acceleration and left it the car would release alot of smoke wid da smell of petrol, I changed the plugs, cleaned the fuel injectors, changed the fuel filter and changed the engine oil and filter and also the air filter. Now the car releases no smoke at acceleration and also gives a few drops of water from the exhaust but when I giv it full acceleration 2 times and leave it releases very little smoke, what are the things I should make sure of? A mechanic told me this is from the valves but I dnt trust mechanics in Saudia here. Second, wen my fuel is at quarter to finish or below that the car when I turn suddenly goes litterely blank and refuses to accelerate and rpm keeps going down and if I dnt leave the accelerator the car turns off, but if I leave the acceleration the rpm goes until below 1 (where it usually is on idle) and then gets normal, it usually apears during low fuel and while turning, but does not occur wen I hav my foot jus slightly on the accelerator, do u think it might be the fuel pump? Third, during half acceleration the car shifts perfectly from 1-2 and 3-4, but wen its shifting frm the second to third its like something jus slipped and held back together, the gear oil is in its original colour and during full acceleration all gears shift perfectly and even on below half its perfect, jus on mid acceleration this happens, the rpm goes slightly up and den it shifts to third, whats going on, is it normal?
The car- Caprice 2000(also referred to as statesman) v8, 5.7 alloy engine.
Aliarehman

Check the fuel pressure first. It should be a 40-45. I believe it is a tuned port system.

Start there

Is this for the first, second or third problem?

Aliarehman
Starting with basics here. You need fuel pressure as it is related to all your issues.

Hi again, Ive asked many workshops and nobody nows how to check the fuel pressure, can u plz giv me som basic steps.

Aliarehman