Z28 5.7 CRANKS BUT WONT START

2000 Chevrolet Camaro • 76 miles

One day after turning on the car it turned off all of suddenly. I towed the car back home & ever since then it hasn’t wanted to turn on. I swapped out the ign relay with the starter & fan relay & still got nothing. I also changed out the fuel pump $(. I wasn’t getting any spark so I replaced the CKP as well & still car wont turn on..
Camcars

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for the reply Wrenchtech.
I wasnt getting any spark thats why I changed out the CKP. I dont have a fuel pressure gauge but the fuel rail does have pressure.

Camcars
Test for injector pulse

Wrenchtech