WON'T GO IN REVERSE AND RPMS GO UP WHEN SPEED GOES UP IN DRIVE

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 90,000 miles

Was backing out of a parking lot and heard a sound like my tires were skidding then I continued to back up and drove maybe two minutes to my home attempted to turn back out of driveway and car would not go in reverse will go in drive but rpms go up to 3 or 4 before going back down to two but is can drive forward please tell me I don't have to replace the trans was told it may be reverse clutch gears or sun shells help! Im a sinlge mom and this is my only vehicle
Mz.nikki

It is probably the input shaft and either the torque converter, or one of two clutch packs in the transmission.
It will need a re-build.
The best advice I can give you is to go to a TRANSMISON Shop and not a standard repair facility. Automatic transmissions requrie a lot of special tools and knowledge. They are very different from working on any other mechanical part, that is why you see places like AAMCO. By the way, they are overpriced. You can use the search engine on theis site to find a reputable traansmission shop near you.