CADILLAC SEVILLE SENSOR PROBLEM

2000 Cadillac Seville • 113,000 miles

Where is the Shift Position Sensor located on the 2000 Cadillac Seville?
Donlharned

-What is the exact code that you get-that you came up with this sensor-You sure its not the Automatic Transaxle Input Shaft Speed Sensor or the Vehicle Speed Sensor?

Sorry, I do not know what the code(s) were. I was just told by the person that ran the codes and I explained the problem to that I needed the shift position sensor. If you like I have explained the situation below: I got into my car with no previous problems. I started the car placed it in reverse and backed out of my parking space. Placed the shifter into 'Drive' and the car still wanted to back up. I played with the shifter back and forth for a short while and then turned the key off. I then turned the key back to start and absolutely no response. It was as if the battery was completely down or the security system was triggered. Note: the dash display still showed the transmission to be in reverse.

Donlharned
Have the park/neutral switch checked-On transaxle, below throttle body.

Thank you very much. I will be making you a donation later this week.

Donlharned
Np, Thanks, lets wait till we fix it-I'll be waiting for you-