PCV GROMMET, SHOULD IT BE A SNUG FIT (TIGHT) OR LOOSE FIT

2000 Cadillac Seville • 135,000 miles

SLS, 4.6 Northstar, 140k mi
Thunder

-Should be snugged-up

I want to clear myself about this question, the fit i'm referring to is the fit between the grommet and Pcv valve, Mine is very loose

Thunder
You sure its the correct PCV valve? If so try changing the grommet

The Pcv looks new (bright silver), but the grommet looks original and when I shake the Pcv valve, I hear a rattling sound, like a "pill in a pill bottle sound". I thought it was spring loaded.

Thunder
Thats how they sound. U can wrap electrial around the valve to snug it up until u replace the gromet

Cadieman
Thanks, i'm just trying to bandage it til I trade it in this spring, i'm thinking the AWD coupe (AWD a must for us PA drivers). I have to see if the rear view vision is as bad as they say. I hope not.

Thunder
Sound cool

Cadieman
Hey guys, I went to tape up the Pcv valve last night, as I went to replace it with the taped end, I had to wet a little for it to side in. As I shoved it into the grommet, the Pcv valve plunged into the bottom of the grommet! I guess when the mechanic replaced my knock sensor, he forgot to push the Pcv valve fully into the grommet. It was just inserted into the hole. I took off the tape, and fully inserted the Pcv valve into the grommet. Now it has a snug (tight) fit. Thanks for your help guys.

Thunder
Ok thats great

Cadieman