WHEN I SHIFT MY CAR INTO REVERSE, I FEEL OUT TRYING TO GO BACKWARDS BUT IT DIDN'T MOVE. WHY ITS THAT?

2000 Cadillac Deville • 154,000 miles

I recently put a new motor into my deville. Turns out, the motor was out of a Seville. No big deal because its still a 32 valve 4.6 North star right? I put new coil packs in it and changed all of my sensors. I put a quart of trany fluid in it after realizing it was low and it still won't reverse. It feels like its not getting enough "umph, " as my dad would say. I throw it in drive and it goes forward but acts as if it isn't getting enough "torque". It accelerates slowly. I gave up messing with it because the engine seems to be working perfectly. I don't know what to do. Should I drop the pan and change my transmission filter? I have the same transmission in it that I had before the last engine blew a head gasket. Both the newer engine & transmission were sitting in The back yard for about 8 months before I took out from the prick I paid to fix it and just did it myself.

Illuzion816

Have the transmission further checked out by a transmission specialist sounds internal to me-Have it pressure tested

I just can't see why the problem ail of a sudden happens now. It was stool good before I changed the motor. I was told to change the filer and check the torque converter out before I go spend a boat load of money. What do you think?

Illuzion816
Sorry about the typos, im on my phone at work rushing.

Illuzion816
Try replacing the filter don't work have it pressure tested-

Sounds like the rev. Clutch drum is done. But ck it. Follow what raz. Said.

Cadieman