CAR WON'T TURNOVER

2000 Buick Lesabre • 10,000 miles

Engine sound like it wants to turn over but doesn't
Thus far I'v checked for fuel at the rail and there is good fuel flow from the schraider valve and I 've checked for spark on the front 3 plug wires and have good spark. So. Whats next?
Oldnavy39

You need to check the actual fuel pressure not just the fuel squirts when you press the schreader. Also is the security light on solid or flashing?

What should the correct fuel pressure be? And as far as the security light goes, it's blinking prior to actually turning the key

Oldnavy39
The fuel pressure should be 48-55psi. So with the key off and the key in the run position the security light is flashing?If so the security system is keeping it from starting by disabling the fuel injectors.

Your going to have to get a code reader and see what the exact code numbers are and let me know the exact code numbers.

Will do! May take a day or two but I'll get"m

Oldnavy39
They have a basic code reader on amazon for under 20 and one that even reads live engine data for like 54 Keep me posred on what you find.

Ok we were able to get it started this weekend using Gumout carb cleaner. Trying to find a fuel pressure gauge today. So should the pressure be a steady 50-60psi? Seams as though if I leave it on each time the ign is put to the on position the pressure will always meet the requirements. Is this a correct statement.

Oldnavy39
The fuel pressure should 48-55psi you crank it for 5 seconds then see what the fuel pressure reads and it should be a steady reading.

As far as codes go, out of 15, 10 were abs codes ( he's got a lot of dummy light on ever since the mech in WV by-passed somthing so we get back home), 3 were evaporator type codes and the last 2, 1 was loss of communication and somthing about MOD bus communication fault.
Now the fuel pressure test was also done with the following results. Fuel pressure stayed at 54psi until the fuel stopped (timed out)at around the 5-6 seconds time frame and then dropped down to 48psi.

Oldnavy39
Thats not a bad fuel pressure reading sounds like you dont have injector pluse from what you have found so far. So what are the besides the abs and emission codes you have?I need exact code numbers not code descriptions. Also your security light is on solid or flashing?If so then thats why it doesnt start the computer has disabled your fuel injectors. Does your keyless entry door locks fuel gauge etc work?

Page 1 of 4