AIR WON'T COME OUT OF THE VENTS ON MY DASH BUT THE BLOWER WORKS AND THE RESISTER IS BRAND NEW

2000 BMW 323 • 139,000 miles

I change the final stage unit(resistor), I can hear the blower working, air comes through the floor vents strong, but weak through the defrost and not at all through the dash vents. What could it be?
Scarano

Was this issue present before you changed the final stage unit?

Dr. Hagerty
Yes and since I changed the resistor a have some air pressure but not much through the vents but still not much through the defrost. And I also checked the cabin filter. Its clean

Scarano
Thank you. The issue could be due to several things. How shall we proceed?

Dr. Hagerty
Well I'm a novice mechanic, but I'm pretty good at thinking my way through tasks so any direction would be greatly appreciated. Maybe what to check next or the next 2 or three things. Thankyou for the replies this is great!

Scarano
The next step will involve the scanning of the IHKA system to see if there are currently present faults. Seek out someone locally with proprietary BMW scanning tools.

Dr. Hagerty
Thanx! Will do. I was hoping to this on my own but technology wins again. Lol ill let you know how I make out

Scarano
OK

Dr. Hagerty