COLD START

2000 BMW 316 • 4 cylinder Automatic • 60,000 miles

I have a bmw 3 series (x reg) auto the cold start is getting worse ie: loose of power "jerkey" but fine after a few minutes
Sapper

I will need to know the year of the car before I can assist you.

Dr Loot
Dr Loot, my bmw is an x reg year 2000 auto box with sport and tiptronic opition thanx, sapper

Sapper
OK, do you have an engine light on? If you don't most likely it is fuel related, when's the last time changed your fuel filter?

Dr Loot
Hi, yeah engine lights on. I, ve noticed that before it warms up thers a slight "resistance" in the accelorator pedal, once warm this disappears

Sapper
The engine light on is a problem, is there anyone that can download the codes from you car? If not try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes then hooked the battery backup and tell me how it acts.

Dr Loot
Hi, will I have any other problems if I disconnect the battery? Ie alarm, remote locking etc?

Sapper
As long as your remote is now working it will continue to work even if you pull the battery cable, just make sure you have the code to your radio.

Dr Loot
Good morning sorry I havent replied sooner been very busy! I disconected the battery lead as you said, left it for half an hour, it was a bit worring when I reconnected it, dash lights etc! But it seems to have done the job. Its running well now thank you very much for your help. Have a great christmas! Sapper

Sapper
You Are Welcome, You Also have a Marry Christmas

Dr Loot
Merry Chrismas. Just call me Mr spell check

Dr. Hagerty