QUATTRO

2000 Audi TT • 5 cylinder AWD Automatic •

When my Audi is at idle, the a/c is really cold. But when I drive it, once I get over 2,000 rpm's, the a/c gets warm. When I stop at a redlight, it gets cold again. As soon as I speed up, the a/c gets hot, when I stop or slow way down it gets cold; this cycle continues over and over.

A "weekend" mechaninc friend of mine said that the orifice tube may be stopped up?

Dannybarn

Have you added your own freon or done any other work on system?

Fixitmr
No, haven't had the car long, I have not had anything done to it, or have not added anything to it on my own either.

Any other ideas?

Dannybarn
Do you have the equipment to do some testing? Does the compressor run(clutch engaged) at all over 2000?

Fixitmr
No, I don't have any equipment like that. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen?

Dannybarn
Let car run with hood open and watch compressor clutch while someone raises rpm and see if it kicks off. If so, could be a pressure inbalance tripping pressure sensor. The best thing to do would be to take pressure readings.

Fixitmr