MY KID HAS A . THE BLOWER IS BLOWING, BUT SHE CANNOT GET HEAT OR A/C. THE FUSES APPEAR TO BE FINE. WONDERING IF IT MIGHT BE THERMOSTAT?

2000 Acura TL • 130,000 miles

We called an auto-electric company thinking it might be an electrical problem. The mechanic said he thought it could be a switch/flap that converts a/c to heat mode. That doesn't sound right, because you would think the car would then blow either hot or cold, but it does neither.
Barnesg

Blower is blowing. That means it isn't a blower issue. If air isn't coming out of any vents, then all vent doors are stuck closed somehow. The other option is that the blower squirrel cage has come loose from the blower motor spindle.

Rivermikerat
GOOD CALL rivermikerat!

MOST OF THE TIME YOU SEE THIS IT IS THE INTERNAL DOORS OF THE SYSTEM NOT WORKING OR AT A "DEFAULT POSITION" (LIKE IT WILL ONLY BLOW OUT OF THE DEFROST VENTS , NO MATTER WHAT THE SETTINGS ARE ON)

BEING THAT I DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR VEHICLE...AND NEITHER DO YOU! BEING AN AIRBORNE RANGER--I OBTAIN A MAP--WITH A MAP, BASICALLY.........I'VE BEEN THERE!

I FOUND A MAP!!! I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY THE PROCESS TO GET IT IN MY HANDS, BUT HERE'S WHAT I FOUND, THIS IS AS FAR AS I GOT...IT COULD HELP IF THIS IS NOT SOME GIMMICK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMCbvjD366E

THAT'S NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SEARCHING FOR, BUT I GRABBED IT ALONG THE WAY.....I HAVE A AMC FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL FOR MY 1977 CJ5 AND BASICALLY THE SAME FOR MY 1946 WILLYS. OUT OF ALL OF MY MANUALS FOR MY JEEPS THE "OEM" MANUALS ARE BY FAR THE BEST.

THE DOORS ON ANY VEHICLE ARE "USUALLY" ACTUATED BY THREE MEANS OR COMBINATIONS OF THEM.....CABLES--VACUUM--ELECTRIC (MOTORS OR ACTUATORS). SOME OF THIS NEW STUFF IS COMPUTER CONTROLLED, AND A "MAP" WOULD BE A MUST.....'CAUSE I AIN'T NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE!

I USE YOU TUBE CONSTANTLY, MY FIRST TIME WAS TO CORRECTLY ADJUST MY GARAGE DOOR TENSION SPRINGS---THE LAST IS ONGOING, HOW TO USE MY CANON EOS T3 NICE DIGITAL CAMERA MY WIFE GOT ME FOR CHRISTMAS...I'M NOT A COMPUTER WHIZ!......THIS IS THE LAZY MANS WAY OUT OF READING COMPLICATED INSTRUCTIONS, BUT ALSO GETTING THINGS EXPLAINED IN "COUNTRY BOY TERMS"......"F STOP???..I'M GETTING THERE!"

CHANGE MY WORDING FOR OTHER/ MAYBE BETTER RESULTS....HERE'S SOME SUGGESTIONS TO ADD IN TO SEARCH WITH: HOW TO...REPAIR....FIX....BLEND DOORS...ACTUATORS...HVAC...HEAT...A/C...CONTROL....ANYTHING RELATED!....YOU CAN SPEND HOURS IN HERE....ALSO LOOK AT THE SUGGESTIONS DOWN THE SIDE

DO LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS ANY

CJ: My Sanyo Xacti camera is better than your Eos! Heheheh. And cheaper.

Rivermikerat
IN A ROUND ABOUT WAY. MINE WAS FREE. STILL A V. IRGIN, BAT-STREE AIN'T NEVER BEEN PUT IN. OR THE SIM CARD

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TREAT HER 1ST, BEFORE I START PAWING HER!

WISH THIS FELLER WOULD GET THE CAR FIXED, AND/OR LET US KNOW SOMETHING, SO THEY'LL LET US GO HOME! LOL!

Don't you remember? The song tells us: "But you are home."

Rivermikerat
NA! DON'T 'MEMBER THAT ONE!

ALTHOUGH I'M ONLY A 48 YEARS YOUNG, STILL CONSIDERED THE "BATTALION STALLION" BY MY WIFE AND PERMANENTLY IN THE MINDS OF THOSE SAVANNAH GALS OF MY AIRBORNE RANGER YESTERYEAR DAYS. AND OF COURSE CAN'T LEAVE OUT THOSE GALS OF TODAY, WHO "YEARN" TO BE WITH ME IN "MR. JEEP" AND "WILLY" (NOT COUNTING THEM FELLERS WHO "WISH" THEY WERE "ME" DRIVING "MR. JEEP" OR "WILLY".[LIKE YOU rivermikerat!] LOL!)

'ROUND HERE GROWING UP. AND STILL, OUR RADIOS ONLY PICK UP REAL MUSIC. THIS IS THE 1ST ONE THAT CAME TO MIND WITH ME. AND IT'S "CAR RELATED" TOO. YA'LL KICK BACK AND LISTEN TO THIS CLASSIC!

THAT'S MORE ON LINE W/ WHAT MY DAD LISTENED TO--I RECKON I WAS THE REBEL. THAT "NEW WAVE" 1980s COUNTRY MUSIC IS MORE MY STYLE.

MY "BESTUS WIFE EVER" OF SIX YEARS NOW, HAD TO HAVE HER LITTLE "SPECIAL SONG" PLAYED OVER THE SOUND SYSTEM AT OUR WEDDING JUST BEFORE THE FUNERAL STARTED---SO I SORTA STATED IT WASN'T FAIR I DIDN'T GET TO PICK ONE TOO.(WITHOUT THE VIDEO), THIS WAS MINE!

BLESS HER HEART! (SHE PUTS UP W/ ME, EVEN MORE SO, W/ ME HAVING NO JOB AGAIN YET. AFTER THE INCIDENT. THAT IS. THE BROKE FOOT INCIDENT) WASN'T THAT A SWEET STORY SET TO MUSIC rivermikerat?

STILL WAITING ON AN UPDATE barnesg, AS YOU MIGHT SEE, WE TRY TO JUST KEEP IT ALL BUSINESS HERE, AND NEVER HAVE FUN. RIVERMIKERAT AIN'T OFFERED YET, BUT I COULD MAKE YOU UP A PLAYLIST, FOR WHILE YOU ARE WORKING ON THE CAR. JOHN CONLEE, VERN GOSDIN, EARL THOMAS CONLEY, RANDY TRAVIS, AND MORE. WE'LL CALL IT 2CARCOUNTRY!

OK, I'M OFF TO LOOK FOR A JEEP CJ IN NEED

Thanks for the play list offer, Medevac, sounds like you might be from my neck of the woods, Fayetteville, NC. As for the car, I've instructed my kid to take it to the auto-electric place. Sounds like it may be a little too advanced for my limited skills. I'm still not convinced that it's not a thermostat problem, though. Seems like a faulty blower flap would still blow either hot or cold, just not both.

Barnesg
SO YOU'RE "ALMOST" ONE OF THEM YANKEE FELLERS! LOL!

I'M FURTHER DOWN--SOUTH OF GREENVILLE, SC, BY ABOUT 50 MILES

I HAVE BEEN UP THERE, FROM TIME TO TIME, TRAINING, AROUND THOSE FELLERS WEARING THEM PINK BERETS!

LIKE rivermikerat SAID MAYBE THE SQUIRREL CAGE CAME OFF OF THE MOTOR, IF SO, I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD HEAR THE MOTOR RUN A LOT FASTER. UNLESS IT IS REALLY QUIET

TO VERIFY THE THERMOSTAT/ PLUGGED HEATER CORE POSSIBILITY OR NOT, YOU CAN RUN THE CAR ENOUGH TO GET IT TO NORMAL OPERATING TEMPERATURE.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE PESKY MOVING PARTS!

FEEL THE UPPER RADIATOR HOSE ALONG WITH THE TWO HEATER HOSES THAT ENTER THE FIRE WALL TO THE HEATER CORE. THEY SHOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLY TOO HOT TO GRASP FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

THIS MAY SORTA CONFIRM HOW I'M ARRIVING AT MY HYPOTHESIS (BIG, SCIENTIFIC WORD FOR A COUNTRY FELLER. HUH!). HEAR IT BLOWIN', FEEL NO AIR, EITHER A DOOR AIN'T IN PLACE OR A SQUIRREL DONE CRAWLED IN THERE AFTER A "FRITO", THAT GOT DROPPED DOWN THE DEFROSTER, AND IS BLOCKING A PASSAGE!

CAGE CAME OFF BLOWER MOTOR. OR. FOR SOME REASON---BAD SWITCH, CONNECTOR LOOSE, MOTOR INOPERABLE, LINKAGE LOOSE. OR OTHER DOOR RELATED ITEM, MR. DOOR, INSIDE, IS IN A WRONG POSITION

THAT'S MY FINAL ANSWER!

YOU WILL RETURN WITH THE CORRECT RESULTS WHEN YOU GET THEM?

WE LIKE TO HEAR "THE REST OF THE STORY"

This would be a lot easier if I could see for myself what the car is doing. I think it is blowing just fine, just not blowing hot or cold, which I would think dispels the squirrel-cage theory. My best guess is it is electrical though. Somebody sent me a schematic of the blower motor compartment. I'd dig in there if the car were here. But alas, I'm having her take it to the shop. I'll let you know what they determine. Thanks for your help

Barnesg
OK---WE'LL WAIT ON YOU