VOLVO S80 CAMSHAFT PROBLEM

1999 Volvo S80 • 132 miles

I have a volvo s80 t6. It just started throwing a camshaft position sensor code, P0014. It runs fine goin down the road but when I come to a stop it stumbles and surges. But it realy only does it when the car is warm. Also a little background, the car use to surge at idle but when it would get warm it was fine, but no codes, I pulled out the spark plugs a few days before I got the recent code, they had alot of deposits on them, I cleaned them off and put them back. What would cause all of the deposits? The plugs are only 6 months old. But like I said the code didnt come on til after that. Also the cooling fan doesnt work, I put a new coolant temp sensor in and still nothin. And I put a whole new fan assembly in and nothin. Im about to run it into the lake.
Derek M

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?The deposits can be caused by too much fuel burning or if your burning oil?

I have a meter. I know I have an oi leak from one of the lines goin to my turbo. Not sure if I burn oil, but I do have to add it once in awhile.

Derek M
Here's the problem there is two codes P0014 one for a intermittent or a permanent fault. You would have to use a professional scan tool to watch the camshaft shift angle versus the camshaft desired angle. At idle and at 4, 000 rpm has to be within 3 degrees if it isn't for more then 1 second then you have a permanent fault. Looks like a difficult diyer diagnoses.