HEATER ISSUES, CUTS IN AND OUT

1999 Vauxhall Movano • 165,000 miles

First thing this morning I got in the van as usual and she fired first go. I drove into town to post a letter, and when I returned to the van and put the ignition on, the blowers wouldn't work. I drove for a while and suddenly they came back on. Then they went back off, then back on. It did it all day long, no fan, then blowing, then nothing. I went over a load of speed bumps in the town centre, could that havbe jolted something? There is heat coming out when they work and when the air just blows through. Any ideas please?

Thanks Jon.
Lonestar14

It's got more than 1 blower motor?

Fixitmr
When this happens tap on motor/housing and see if this makes it work. If so, brushes are worn stuck.

Fixitmr
Um, sorry, am I being dense? A lose connection to the motor, forgive my ignorance.

Lonestar14
Oh I see, is the housing directly above ther heater itself? Sorry, still being a bit thick.

Lonestar14
Also check wiring connectors on blower resistor and blower itself.

Fixitmr
I'm with you, thanks

Lonestar14
Especially the ground. These tend to wiggle loose. It'll be a single wire, either brown, black, or green. It may be secured with a bolt to the body, or it may be plugged directly into the bottom or side of the blower motor housing, which should be under the passenger side of the dash.

Rivermikerat
Thanks for this, very helpful indeed, its still doing it, off and on, off and on, and by my reckoning, max output from level 3 on the dial of gusting is under performing now, its a breeze not a blast now, as if it cant be bothered any more.

Lonestar14
It could be multiple issues. One being a loose or worn connector/connection, the other being increased resistance from the blower resistor.

Rivermikerat