WHAT WOULD CAUSE A RIGHT FRONT WHEEL BEARING TO CONSISTANTLY GO BAD.

1999 Toyota Sienna • 195,000 miles

Ist replacement lasted about 2years. 2nd about one year. 3rd about 4 weeks.
4th about 2 weeks. Iam at wits end and need help.
Jkconcrete

Miss installation bad wheel bearings but that would be a lot of bad luck there. Any other problems with the car?

How and when are you tightening the axle nut? Many people set the vehicle on the ground to prevent the wheel from turning so they can tighten the nut. You must not place any weight on the new bearing before that nut is tightened. Doing so will make them noisy.

Thats a press in wheel bearing a lot to go wrong there how are you installing it?

Im using a shop press to install bearing into knuckle. Then supporting bearing and pressing hub into bearing. Torquing nut while weight is off bearing. I do have play in inner tie rod on that side.

Jkconcrete
When pressing the hub in, you need to support the center cone of the bearing. Hope you have not used the knuckle as support, which could damage the bearing. When torquing, over or under torquing are the most common cause of premature bearing failure.

Lastly, check the quality of the bearing you are using.

Aother place you can go wrong is pressing the hub too far into the bearing. What I like to do to prevent that from happening is use the axle nut to pull the hub in. Try pressing the hub only about half way in then put the knuckle back on the car. Then use the axle nut to pull the hub the rest of the way in.

I am supporting center of bearing. I used a toyota bearing this time and I did notice that the toyota bearing does not have any plastic seals on outside of bearing like the aftermarket bearings have had. Also it seems my caliber was sticking and was causing the rotor and wheel to heat up and make wheel too hot to touch when stopping car.

Jkconcrete
Hopefully you have better luck this time keep us posted on how it works for you.

I would replace the hub. If its worn it will spin the inner race.

Djcl