STARTING

1999 Toyota Camry • 102,000 miles

I have issues starting, and it's weirdly not when the car sits for a day or overnight. I have no problem firing the car up in the morning, but it is when it only sits for a few hours or less that when I attempt to start, the engine will crank for [sometimes] up to 5 or more seconds. What could this be? Fuel filter? Starter? I'm at a loss given that it starts fine when the engine is truly cold.
Mrozmat8

Have you checked for any codes and check fuel rail pressure, when were the plugs last changed?

Mhpautos
I haven't checked for codes nor checked fuel pressure. I recently bought the vehicle, and by service records the spark plugs were changed January of 2013. Is there a way I may check these myself if I go to an auto parts store? (I.E. Codes and/or fuel pressure).

Mrozmat8
You can often get a free code read from major auto retail stores, they will not do a fuel rail pressure test.

Mhpautos