SUBARU LEGACY TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1999 Subaru Legacy • 102,000 miles

I have a 99 Subaru legacy SUS 2.5l, about a year ago I had the transmission rebuilt from a transmission shop, however never really got to drive the car (only 1000 miles since the repair) due to the car having head gasket problems, got the head gaskets replaced and I'm now noticing that the there are several problems related to the transmission, 1) some of the transmission oil on the dipstick is crusted on to it and when cold the fluid reads way above what is normally full while car is cold, in fact it reads above the hot full line level and while car is warm it reads way below what is normal full level while warm, the mechanic who did the head gasket job said the transmission is low by 2 quarts, however, he might of been reading the odd dipstick readings I'm reading while cold and hot (very overfilled while cold and very under filled while hot, it barely registers while hot), 2) when driving slowly and turning there is a jerking motion to the car. I would greatly appreciate your help in identifying these problems, thanks in advance.

Albert

Take it back to the trans guy where it was rebuilt i'm sure he can help you with this.