DASHBOARD IS OUT

1999 Subaru Forester

1999 Subaru Forester All Wheel Drive Manual

My dashboard recently stopped working-no speedo, odo, tach, turn signals, all the lights except for the 'open door' light, hazard indication and gas gauge. Also power windows are out.

Headlights still work, as do hazards, brakelights, inside lights, wipers.

The car started a few times but recently stopped starting after the hazards were on for ~40 min. Any ideas?
Eggo

Hello, this has just happened to me! Can you give me any advice?

Rosieday
So first off, most of this was controlled by the fuse corresponding the 'meter' under the hood. If you check the manual, you can find out which fuse that is. My problem was after I replaced it, it pretty much blew again immediately. I took it to a shop and the guys found that some of the wiring from the speedo had worn off and was flapping around under the hood, and would short the circuit, causing the hood to blow. I got the wiring fixed for 4 hours of labor ($196) and haven't had a problem with it since.

Eggo
This is a really big help!

Rosieday
I have the same issue but I checked the meter fuse and it is good but yet I have no spedo, no odo, temp gauge and my windows do not work it started for a while but now when I try to start it it just turns over but will not start and if I spray starting fluid into the air intake system it will start but shuts off after the fluid runs out

Larrypurcell2003