MISSING PART AND LEAKING FUEL

1999 Saturn SL2 • 180 miles

I have a 1999 Saturn s-series sedan with 1.9L DOHC. There is a part missing and I can't find the name of it for the life of me. It's part of the fuel rail and liquid fuel does pass through it. It's not part of the throttle body tho. The car will run and drive, but it will dump a lot of fuel out of the port where the moving part is. Please, help.

Sluvzsuperman

Is it the fuel pressure regulator?

No. It has a fpr/fuel filter combo in the fuel line under the car.

Sluvzsuperman
Be standing by-Saturn-9 will give you an answer-

Give us a pictue on it

The first picture is the hole where the part is missing.

Sluvzsuperman
This second picture has the throttle body (the big circle in the middle right). The pressure release valve is to the bottom left of the throttle body. The part that is missing is in between those two things.

Sluvzsuperman
So are you talking about right behind the nipple where the fuel line goes on the fuel rail?If so thats part of the fuel rail and you will have to find a new or used fuel rail to fix it.

No, the fuel inlet is still there. I've tried and tried to find a diagram the has that part on it, but I can't seem to find one. All I keep finding is a diagram for a purge solenoid or a vapor canister solenoid. I'm just hoping to find out what the part is so I can get a new one.

Sluvzsuperman
I see your missing your intake brace that goes from the intake manifold to the engine block that your fuel line mounts to. Also looks like your canister purge solenoid is no longer mounted to your engine block.I have the exact same car as you same tear and everything.I just went and looked at it to see if I could see what you were talking.I couldnt see what your talking about the only thing that carries fuel in that area is the fuel line and fuel rail. Are you sure its fuel leaking and not coolant?

Yes. I smell gas and when I stopped, I lost a 1/4 tank of gas.

Sluvzsuperman
Page 1 of 7