SATURN SL1 SENSOR PROBLEM

1999 Saturn SL1 • 180,000 miles

Can you still hook up a diagnostics on the motor? As in timing ATDC/BTDC, Coil output. Plug firing. You can't not depend on The computer or O2 sensor for a week misfire in 1 of the cylinders as in troubleshooting engine codes. If have a bad plug or plug wire and the engine is running rich because of this e o2 sensor will just lean out the injectors. The O2 sensor will only change 1+ or -1 and if you live not far from work this could take weeks for the O 2 sensor & computer for there I adjustment. That the reason if you I wanted change from low octane to higher octane fuel have to run 5 tanks because the o2 sensor in the unless you drive a car 200 miles unless you drive a car 200 miles on a hot day every car I have driven with the has benefited from has benefited from high octane gas

So what is the problem a code P0301 kneeps setting?Is it a constant miss fire on cylinder one?You can see o2 sensor readings fuel trims spark timing etc on a scan tool. But if you just have a cod po301 then I wouldn't be looking at those readings.I would be looking at compression spark wires plugs etc. You don't have platnuim plugs in the engine do you?Or carbon tracked plugs and wires?

I'm afraid not much of anything is true in that statement. The 0/2 sensor makes instantaneous corrections and the computer makes both short term and long term adaptions. The timing isn't even adjustable.

Wrenchtech
Looks like we posted at the same time Louie.

Wrenchtech
No problem my friend it happens lol hope you and your family are doing well its been a while since we talked.