IT WON'T START

1999 Saturn SL1 • 240,000 miles

I have a 1999 saturn sl1 4 door 1.8L. My problem is this that yesterday it started making a sound when I go above 40km speed and the sound speed increases with the speed of the car.I live in Barrie, Ontario (Canada). And its snowing today? I tried starting my car. But it won't start. It has battery power in it. If I press accelerator simultaneously when I turn the key on in the ignition then it starts. But it dies again when I release the accelerator to put my car into gear.I cheked the engine oil and everything. Please help me out.I am stuck at work.
Inderbirsinghdeol

So it will start when you hold your gas pedal all the way to the floor while trying to start it?If so most likely you have a bad coolant temp sensor really common on those cars. Also inspect the inside of the connector going to it if the terminals are corroded and there green o blue instead of silver then the connector will have to be replaced also. As far as the noise part that sounds scarey can you hear that noise while trying to start it?Withe all that rust uo there it could be something just rusted out a bad wheel bearing etc. Did the noise just start today when it wouldnt start?