SAAB 9-5 CLUTCH PROBLEM

1999 SAAB 9-5 • 113,000 miles

I am having difficulty shifting. My 1999 saab 9-5 4 cylinder turbo. My clutch pedal goes to the floor, I believe it is a fluid problem. I know the mastercylinder has a chamber for brakes and a chamber for the clutch. Is there another chamber for the clutch or a clutch cylinder other than the one that is inside the trans. If I start the car up in gear, it will buck forward and take off.
Alancathy

The clutch Master just uses the brake master cylinders tank to supply fluid to the clutch master and slave cylinder. The slave cylinder sits inside the clutch housing of the transmission. Look under the car where the transmission meets the engine that's the clutch housing. Is the clutch housing all wet?

Thanks for your reply, there is no fluid leaving from the slave cylinder it is dry. Also the master cylinder is full and never leaked or low on fluid, is there a another cylinder that works the clutch? Or it may be the brake/clutch master cylinder
when I get the car moving I jam it into another gear the clutch will not slip

Alancathy
You have a failed clutch master and or failed clutch slave cylinder the clutch master would be a lot easier to change.

Where is the clutch master and how do I remove it, Is it under the clutch petel.

Alancathy
Its book d to the clutch pedal what size 4cyl engine do you have?

2.3 Turbo 5 speed 1999. I was at a salvage yard and the saab there had the motor & trans removed & the clutch
pedel had more pressure on it more than mine does, I did buy the brake master cylinder I thought it would control the clutch because the fliud is in it.

Alancathy
So how did it work with the used clutch master?

I can not get the hose or pipe out of the rear of the clutch master, can not find any clip that may hold it in, Do you disconect it from the bleeder valve at trans. And take the 15 inch hose together

Alancathy
Heres what I have for replacing the clutch master it should help you figure it out.