PONTIAC GRAND PRIX SWAY BAR PROBLEM

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix • 135,000 miles

I have a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, 3.8L V6, automatic. The sway bar is broken, and about a month ago I popped my front passenger tire, because I ran in to a drain hole. Also, about 2 weeks before that, the same tire was flat when I came outside from one of my classes. Last night, my car started to jerk to the right, randomly. This has never happened before. Any idea what's wrong with my car?
Kjlowe12

You have answered your own question. The sway bar has to be replaced with the end links.

But the sway bar has been broken for months. I've been told the upper and lower ball joints, and the tie rod end.

Kjlowe12
By who. Any shop with any sense would tell you to replace the sway bar first as it fits all your concerns.

Start there and then see what happens.

I was told by my dad and my friends dad. But, wouldn't my car have been jerking the whole time, since my sway bar broke? I'm not trying to like question you nor what you know. It's just my dad thinks he knows everything, and unless I fully explain everything, he'll think you're wrong, and point me in the wrong direction.

Kjlowe12
After 45 years, it is common sense to replace the broken piece first. The sway bar is a vital part of the suspension. You are stressing the front end parts by driving it the way it is.

You can believe me or not but the sway bar is square one.