STEERING

1999 Pontiac Grand Am • 213,000 miles

So I've heard a noise as I turn the car for the past week. Now when I try to turn the car its only difficult when reversing or trying to make a sharp turn (pulling into a parking spot) I was recently in a car accident and the part over my tire is what was most involved and that part was basically falling into the tire thought this was the issue but think important wrong obviously I just would like to know what it might be also this only happens when I 1st start the car in the morning then it will get better
Ciera07

What kind of a noise were you hearing? Was the tire hit at all? Was there any structural damage done to the strut tower or any of the steering components?

Im sorry when I say recent the accident was in august so I don't think so because it just started this. The noise was like a swish noise when I would turn like the tire was rubbing against something

Ciera07
And I hit the car head on on the drivers side so that front part is hanging a little bit which is why I thought that is what was causing the noise

Ciera07
That is the first thing I would check. Remove the part that is hanging or support it. Let me know what you find.