ELECTRICAL ISSUE (HEATER BLOWER, TRUNK, ETC)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville • 102,000 miles

The heater blower stopped working awhile ago, so we put in a toggle switch. Recently it stopped working with the toggle switch, so we figured the motor stopped working so we took it out and hooked the motor up to a seperate battery and it works. The trunk opener in the car doesnt work either.

We've checked every single fuse, all the wires and everything is fine.

We're stumped, help! Winter is right around the corner!
Sargentwoody

Did you use a voltage tester? Did you check for voltage and ground at the blower motor? At the blower motor, voltage wire is purple, ground wire is black. With blower motor brushes, any slight bump, may cause the motor to work?

Any applicable fuses, check for voltage on the fuse circuit. Even if the fuse is good, if no voltage, the circuit is still dead.

Could be blower control module, but, I wouldn't replace anything on a whim. You need to do some testing.

My 1995 was having trouble with the blower motor turning off for no apparent reason. It was the switch. They are not built very well and when they get hot the copper insides will warp and lose their connection. Be careful with the firewall plastic that is close to the blower motor. It will start peeling off because of exhaust heat making it brittle. The trunk release is usually the ground connection. Even tho it may look good and feel tight. Loosen and clean the connection. Good luck.

Quedawg65
Many possibilities.