WHEN I TRY TO PUT THE HEATER ON HIGH I GET THE SMELL OF ANTIFREEZE BUT NO WETNESS ON PASSENGER SIDE FLOOR

1999 Plymouth Voyager • 117,550 miles

We had no problems until about a week ago now when I try to run heater I get smell of antifreeze and there is a small leak on garage floor up in front, could it be a hose or connection?( I must confess I hit a woodchuck and it knocked loose the sheild under front end )
Lphoenix

This is typical of a leaking heater core. The coolant is dripping onto the ground through the air conditioning condensate drain tube on the passenger side of the firewall, under the hood.

LETS 1ST LOCATE THE SOURCE OF THE RADIATOR JUICE ON THE FLOOR---A BIG OLE HAND MIRROR OR THE BIG HALLWAY MIRROR (2'X2') AND A BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT MIGHT HELP

SHINING THE LIGHT ON THE "CLEAN" MIRROR MAY BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN TRYING TO SHINE IT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR

WITH A MOP/ POGO STICK/ HOCKEY STICK/ OR OTHER....DISLODGE YOUR BUCK TOOTHED CRITTER THAT STILL MAY BE COOKIN' ON THE EXHAUST....THIS MAY LET YOU SEE UP IN THERE A LITTLE BETTER!

LETS MAYBE SNAP A PIC OF THE LEAK SOURCE A MIRROR SHOT IS FINE

HAVE THE KIDS SNAP A PIC OF YOU AND THE CRITTER, IN A BABY-LIKE CRADLED POSE IN YOUR ARMS

YOU MAY HAVE A HEATER CORE ISSUE IN YOUR HEATER BOX (MAY HAVE JUST BEEN IT'S TIME)......THE HEATER CORE IS LIKE A SMALL RADIATOR IN YOUR HEATER BOX THAT THE BLOWER FAN BLOWS THRU, TO HEAT THE INTERIOR OF YOU VEHICLE

THE CRITTER COULD HAVE SNATCHED SOMETHING LOOSE, AS HE RAN FOR COVER AND YOU SPED UP TO 70 MPH, AND WENT INTO THE DITCH AFTER HIM......IF THIS IS THE CASE, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR (NOT THE HEATER CORE) IT NEEDS TO BE LOCATED AND REPAIRED

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOU RADIATOR JUICE LEVEL CONSTANTLY TO SEE HOW FAST YOU ARE LOSING IT?

IF IT'S THE HEATER CORE AND NOT LEAKING SUPER BAD, I MIGHT CAN "GET YOU BY" FOR A WHILE, UNTIL YOU CAN GET IT REPLACED

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR GOOD INEXPENSIVE WORK...I MIGHT ALSO MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS

I TOO, AM A DIYER!.....MOSTLY W/ THE JEEP CJs....I SORTA DOMINATE THE 2CARPRO CJ 5&7 FORUMS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

LET US KNOW ALL YOU CAN

PICS) THIS FELLER KNOCKED OVER STUFF IN MY GARAGE FOR DAYS--I FOUND HIM FINALLY, CAPTURED HIM IN A TOTE----TOOK HIM INSIDE FOR THE LITTLE LADY TO SEE......HE POPPED OUT IN THE LIVING ROOM, MUCH LIKE A MORTAR ROUND....SHE SCREAMED ONE CONSTANT SCREAM FROM THE SAFETY OF THE HIGHEST POINT ON THE COUCH.....WHILE I CHASED HIM THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE. WE GENERALLY, RUN OVER DEER, DOWN HERE IN SC....SOME OF THESE GUYS TOO