GRAND VOYAGUER JUST SHUTS DOWN.

1999 Plymouth Voyager • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 250,000 miles

I have a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager and for no reason and a no specific time it will just shut down. Has happened once while stopped at a traffic light, and another time just driving along. It's like someone just pulls a plug, It just shuts down, no sputter, no warning light, nothing!
My mechanic had it for 2 weeks, his code reader tells him "No Diagnostic Issues Found" He believes it is something in the anit-theft system. He can not get access to codes because the dealers here in Canada/Ontario, want a yearly fee for access which he refuses to pay and be held hostage.
I can not afford to take my car to the dealer and they will not agree to just use a code or whatever it takes to disable the alarm system. They want to "go through everything from scratch". I can not afford this.
If you could offer any insight what so ever I would be grateful.
Thank you.
Tim.
Tj08

You could try replacing your crank/cam sensors as these cause sudden shutdowns when randomly defective.

Fixitmr
I will look into that, thank you. Any other ideas would still be greatly appreciated.

Tj08
After it shuts down does it restart right away?

Martin Savard
No it does not restart right away, took about 20 min to restart the one time and last 2 times it acted like it had a low battery and had to be boosted, but it did start with a boost. Battery, alternator, relays, starter, ignition, fusebox have all been checked and found to be in good working order.

Tj08