CAR STALLS

1999 Opel Corsa • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 160,000 miles

Hi, I have a 1999 opel corsa 1.6i. The engine runs well and suddenly it stalls without warning or******** - wait 30 seconds and all is well - then 2 days later the same scenario - no warning, only a engine cut-out - 30 seconds later all is well. What can it be - thanks
Heinrich

Duplicated question.

Wrenchtech
Hi,

I had similar issues with my 2000 Corsa 1.6 GLS. First we changed the Ignition Coil (choke), then removed the door-locking computer, But problem recurs after couple of months. Check your Fuses and Electric circuits/ wires regularly, or it might impact your Ignition Power booster module or whatever its called, is like a second computer chip which takes inputs from Crank shaft angle sensor and engine speed, and decides how much Voltage to supply to the ignition plug(s) - it seems Corsa has 4 of the plugs and Astra has a single one so I was told. The imported price of this module can be humungous depending on the country. If it is bypassed, then car moves in slow motion and cant pick up higher speeds. Can someone corroborate this and tell what is the actual NAME of this component/ module and its price in India; where can I get it at reasonable price?

Sjalali