BRAKES FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALWAYS ON

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue • 25,000 miles

My wife called me today and stated that this car felt like the brakes were on as she tried to drive to work. She parked the car and I looked at it when I got home. I noticed the battery light was on so I removed the battery and took it to get it tested. It was fine so I put it back in, drove it (just fine) to the parts store where they did an electrical system test and found the alternator was bad. I replaced it and tried to test drive it when it felt like the brakes are on. It doesn't feel like there is an issue with the engine where it doesn't have the power, it clearly feels like the brakes are on. I disconnected the ABS electrical connector under the hood, same thing. I pulled the fuse for the Cruise Control, nothing either. I did manage to drive it around the block and it started out fine. I could actually feel the car begin to slow about 1 block away as it seemed the brakes began applying and stayed that way. Any suggestions? I am new to this site but it appears it is a donation site. I will be happy to donate for a correct answer. Thanks.
Dkparks

Check the calipers could be sticking or a brake hose has collasped internally acting as a one way check valve

Would the car drive normally and, if it was a caliper, would they apply automatically and slow the car down without me touching the pedal? Could a vacuum leak be an issue in there somewhere?

Dkparks
Have the ABS unit checked, also scan the computer for code/s are the brake idiot lites coming on?

The ABS light does come on when this is occurring. I know there have been issue with the ABS unit in the past (not like this, just the ABS not working). I have elected not to replace the ABS unit because the cost is more than what the car is worth. If it is the ABS unit, can it be disabled?

Dkparks
Try disabling it and see what happens