OLDSMOBILE 88 EGR VALVE PROBLEM

1999 Oldsmobile 88 • 120,000 miles

Vehicle is "stumbling" and stalling out while simply driving along. Has to "sit" a few moments before able to re-start engine. No "check engine light". But when scan tool is used it indicates a code was set showing an Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve closed position performance problem (trouble code P1404). My question: Is this indicated problem or any other problem with the EGR valve capable of causing the sort of stalling I've described? For information purposes: A few months ago a similar (and worse) problem was eventually traced to a bad mass airflow sensor (surprised me to no end). A new MAF sensor cured problem. Current vehicle behavior mimics the symptions experienced then, but scan tool does not now indicate a MAF problem. Please help me avoid tearing out what little hair I have left! Can EGR valve cause this?
Whpower

Start with checking fuel pressure

U will need to take it to the parts store and have the codes checked and cleared. Then drive 1 day then ck. The codes again. Then come back we will be here.

Cadieman
It was the EGR value. I replaced it, took it back to have the codes checked and NO codes! Car has been doing fine for several days now.

Whpower