FUEL GUAGE

1999 Nissan Sunny • 162,000 miles

The gas gauge is sometimes very lazy in responding to my filling up the tank. Sometimes it works just fine and I can watch it rising as I'm filling up. At other times, I fill up, and the gauge remains on empty, and it may take several hours for the gauge to respond to being full, and reflect it with the needle. This is frustrating. I have also wandered at times when filling up, if the tank is not really full when it forces the gas pump to shut off, because I can tell by the gallons filled, that the tank should not be full. Do I have a problem with the fuel sending unit? Nissan sunny B15 1999
George1987

Faulty tank unit or a loose tank baffle.

Cadieman
Thanks for your reply cadie u have any idea why my car check light is on b15 fan working fine car runs ok,

What is the best option you give on my previous Q

George1987
PL EXPAINE BETTER TY

Cadieman
MY car cut off battery light on the first time (sunday night) and I tried to restart the car there was power but the engine didn't turn over. After a couple of tries it finally came on normally and there were no other problems as I drive 15km no problem. When the car shut off again it was on monday. This time when I tried to restart the car after 10min it came on normally. The car hasn't done it since that day but then again I went check the battery it ok. My car nissan b15 1999 year 163000km

George1987
U need the right code it will bxxxx.

Cadieman
I have diagnose the car the system Pick Crank Shaft sensor I have replaced it but the check light still on also the system pick mass air flow sensor.

George1987
All these sensors will have to be replaced. Take it to the parts store and have the codes checked. System pick?U cant diagnose anything with out the code. Your shooting in the dark just replacing parts. It may not be a part and the wiring maybe. Each code has a trouble tree to help in repairing.

Cadieman