STARTER/SECURITY

1999 Nissan Maxima

I'm going to try not to make this very long winded, but.

A few weeks ago my I drove to my moms house and when I got ready to leave my car would not start. I had been noticing it was taking a long time to start lately and told my husband I thought it could be the starter. So we had the car worked on and replaced a few things, fuel pump, filter and things of those nature since we thought the car wasn't getting any fuel. Come to find out the security had been triped so I towed the car to the nissan dealership and had everything reset. I attempted to start the car and thought I needed a boost but by the time the nissan guy got there with his handy dandy boosting thing I got it started. Later on it didn't start tried again and it did. Then finally it wouldn't start again before it was cranking but not turning over now it just "clicks" I know the starter is out. I feel the starter has been the issue the entire time but what I am curious about is this. If the starter is going out and I am steady trying to crank the car would that trip the security? I was back at Nissan today and the lady said she didn't think that would cause that, but it seems in my mind at least and I can totally be wrong but that that is a possibility. If I keep turning the key over and over the car says hold on somethings up? Any suggestions? Could it be something worse/more complex than just a bad starter causing the security to flip on? Thanks for any input!
Dawnuh

I don't see anywhere that you had the battery tested. That would be your first step.

Wrenchtech
I know that my starter is gone though. The battery is fine the radio and other things come on no problem. I did eventually have to boost it when we had been working on it a few days and kept attempting to start it. After Nissan got it they never mentioned that batter being bad either.

Dawnuh
IF they starter went out would could that cause the security to be flipped is all im really asking, if you attempted to start it several times.

Dawnuh