COMPUTER

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 160,000 miles

I have a 1999 Eclipse. I tried to have a code read at my local Autozone. He could not read the code. He said it might be a fuse. Is that possible, does the computer have a fuse? If so where would I find it inside the car or under the hood?
Kbeucke

There is one relay box under hood and another under dash. Check for ecm fuse or computer. If you have a handbook it will point out as well where it is.

I appreciate it but no handbook here. Is it under hood or dash?

Kbeucke
Both places

Any chance of some kind of diagram showing where in each?

Kbeucke
It shold be clearly marked. If you can't find it have apro point it out to you there are no graphics for this.

Really no fuse box diagrams? First time I have been disappointed with you guys.

Kbeucke
Is the check engine light on? If so the ECU will be powered up, normally a ECU fuse that has blown will kill the system and you will have no start, if they are trying to do a read and nothing is showing and the check light is on, try inducing a known code, unplug the MAP sensor or the TPI sensor and try a start, this will trip a code, and if the scan will not pick this up, you may have a problem with the ECU itself.

Mhpautos
Also if no check light, check that the globe is not blown as well.

Mhpautos
You are loosing me. The check engine light has been on since I bought the car. Is the ECU the computer? If the check engine light is on then the computer works?

Kbeucke
The ECU is the computer (engine control unit) as the check light is on, the ECU should be functioning, but the section that controls the code gathering data may be corrupt, (as you can get faults in your PC that affect only certain sections) so do the test to check this you inducing a code and ensure that a quality scanner is used operated by someone that is qualified to operate it as will.

Mhpautos