WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED?

1999 Mercury Sable • 189,000 miles

Ok I have a 1999 mercury sable v6 3.0L ac works heater dosn't heat but my problem is that my coolant flows out my reservoir not all the time just sometimes I can make short trips it will be ok then sometimes it flows out from under reservoir cap. The cap has been replaced, thermostat has been replaced twice, car has been flushed twiced; combustin leak test has been done chemial stayed blue. Also have taken heater hose off started car fluid was flowing. Other than raditor what do I need to check
Crymist

So do both the heater hoses get really hot?Also does the radiator fan work correctly?

Yes the fans are working correctly, as far as both hoses I know that the top is holding pressure and it does feel hot the bottom is also holding pressure.

Crymist
So are both heater hoses getting really hot?Are both upper and lower radiator hoses getting really hot?Hows your radiator cap?

Both heater hoses and radiator hoses are hot after car is running. As far as the cap, it still is having the back flow to leak out from under it. Also want to say thank you for helping.

Crymist
What is the engine temp when this happens?

Djcl
I really don't know the temp, can say that it is not long after you have had the car running when you shut the car off you can hear the coolant gurgling in reservoir that is when it overflows under cap when touching hoses they are hot.

Crymist
Are the fans running when the coolant is backing up?

Djcl
Yes the fans are running. Thank you for trying to help

Crymist
How high does the temp gauge show when the coolant is overflowing?Higher then it normaly runs?Also to properly diagnose a coolant temp issue I would invest in a infared temp gun. They have gotten pretty cheap and will tell us what temp the fans come one and the over flow happens. Also can use it for many other things and future issues.

The temp gauge shows it to be running normal it only moves towards high end when coolant is getting low or gauge moves when it is gushing from resevior

Crymist
Page 1 of 2