I BELIEVE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY AS STATED BY OWNER WITH 169K. MY HAS 105K. RECENTLY IT STARTED TO WAN

1999 Mercury Mystique • 10,500 miles

I believe I have the same problem with my Mercury Mystique as stated by owner with 169K. My 1999 Mercury Mystique has 105K. Recently it started to want to shift as I was driving on the highway or a kick back movement. No one seems to know what the problem is--one business tried to sell me motor mounts and another without an inspection said it might be a transmission converter. I plan on taking to to a reliable auto shop for a diagnosis. I thought driving up an incline triggered the movement but it started to act up driving on straight level roads around town. The action first occurred on the highway. I do not want to send money on a part that is not needed.
Mms123

Get a scan to check for trouble codes. Most parts stores provides free scanning services and it might give some idea what could be wrong if trouble codes are stored.