CLICKING SOUND AFTER ENGINE STARTS

1999 Mercury Marquis

After 5-8secs of starting it makes clicking sound for 15secs(approx) from right side of engine.I tried to trace it but cud not find what was
causing tht irritating sound.
help me please!
Habeebahm

Sounds like a relay-the only thing that will sound like a relay at that side of the engine is the Front Flasher to the right rear of the engine compartment, my problem is my references don't give the exact location-Sorry- 15secs of the clicking will enable you to locate it with a helper-when you find it take a picture of it and comeback

That sound is very loud. I park my car far from my office so that my friend dont hear it.

Habeebahm
One more thing
that noise wont come on every startup

Habeebahm
Try to determine the location bcuz I don't think I can help without your assistance here

Ok will check in the morning
Its 1: 45 am in saudi arabia
Thank for ur help
will be back

Habeebahm
Can u give me ur email id so tht I can send u an audio clip of tht sound

Habeebahm
Just dump it in here this post so other experts can listen to it and try to help

Could be a piston slap-try putting a tsp of oil in the loudest cylinder and see if it lessen the knocking noise/could also be the wrist pin