AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION QUESTION

1999 Mazda 929 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 107,000 miles

1999 Mazda 929 mileage: 107,000. From first gear to second, or from a complete stop (such as a stop light) and you give the car gas, should the Rpms jump from 2000 to 3000-4000 RPMS? I can understand a gradually climb, but my car first hesitates and then jumps to like between 3000 and 4000 rpms and then shifts. Also on the highway if I want to change lanes, it does same if you give it some gas. I have taken the car to the mechanic and was told that the transmission was fine, but I think their idea of fine means if the car moves. So, for peace of mind sake, I had the transmission flushed, but the same problem remains. Should I be looking at the fuel injectors maybe the car isn't getting enough gas or have the transmission checked again?
2CarPros-Archives

If your car is equipped with a manual transmission the clutch is in need of replacement. If you have an automatic transmission, it may need to be rebuilt.

2CarPros-Archives